Hey guys. I’ve had a few people ask me to make a tutorial for embroidery. Please understand though, I just sort of woke up one day and decided to embroider something. I’ve never been taught the correct way how and don’t know the technicalities. I’ve just used trial-and-error. Here’s a little I’ve learned about the absolute basics of embroidery.
What you’ll need:
Embroidery hoop (the one above is a 4 inch)
Pen and paper
What you’ll need to do:
1. Begin by cutting your fabric. Make sure it will fit comfortably into your hoop. Then secure the fabric within the hoop.
2. Draw your design, print it out, etc.
3. Pick out your desired thread colors (my favorite part).
4. Thread your embroidery needle like you would a regular needle, grabbing the two ends and tying them together in a knot.
5. Layer your template over your embroidery hoop and position it where you want it.
6. Beginning from the back, embroider, tracing the lines. Hint: create long stitches on the top side of the hoop, creating the shape. Create short stitches on the underside of the hoop, making the top side’s stiches look fluid and connected.
7. When you’ve finished, or you’ve run out of thread, create one last stitch, going into the frontside, coming out of the underside. Tie your thread in a knot.
8. Once you’ve completed your designs, you need to tidy up the fabric in the back. I sew mine together, forming a kind of scrunchie circle, but feel free to search online for your favorite way.
9. Hang your masterpiece proudly, even if it doesn’t look perfect… Or at least, that’s what I do.
I hope this helps!!
DIY Twig Ice Skates Ornament Tutorial from Michele Made Me here. There are lots of skates on my tree because we all skate! For felt and paperclip ice skate ornaments go here.
True Blue Me & You Gift Addition Starting with Bracelets. To see other roundups of DIY gifts go here:truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/diy-gift-guide
After Looking through 48 pages of Bracelets, there are my Favorite Bracelets to DIY for Gifts. Part Four
- Galaxy Cuff Tutorial from Pretty Quirky Pants here.
- Braided T-Shirt Bracelets with Magnet Closures Tutorial from Henry Happened here.
- Easy Rope Knot Bracelet Tutorial by Belrossa here.
- KIDS CRAFT and fund raiser LEGO jewelry links. LEGO Bracelet Tutorial from Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! here.
- Star Beaded Bracelet Tutorial from Happy Hour Projects here.
- No Sew Easy Trim Bracelet from Momtastic here. *Velcro closure.
- Rhinestone Embroidery Thread Friendship Bracelet Tutorial from all the good girls go to heaven here.
- Woven Friendship Bracelet Using a Circular Cardboard Loom Tutorial from Michael Ann Made here.
- Yarn Wrapped Rope Bracelet with Button Closure Tutorial from cut out + keep here.
Nifty pinhole camera DIY
A little jewelry project today.
Here’s the pin:
It is from www.psimadethis.com but this was really the extent of it. It wasn’t the best tutorial I’ve seen, so I’ll go into a little more detail because I had to kind of wing it at some places. Because I’m not a jewelry maker. If I want…